A US ESTA is an Electronic System for Travel Authorization to travel to the United States. It is the equivalent to a visa, but no stamp or label is placed in your passport. To be eligible for a ESTA, you must hold a passport issued by one of these countries. See all countries.
VisaCentral will process ESTA requests via its operating company in the United Kingdom, CIBT UK Ltd. All processing fees will be charged in Great Britain Pounds.
The Fastest and Easiest Way to Get a US ESTA
- With VisaCentral, you can apply anytime and you will receive an email or post confirmation from VisaCentral notifying you once your ESTA has been issued.
- You must apply for an ESTA 72 hours prior to travel.
- Once an ESTA is issued it is valid for 2 years or until your passport expires, (whichever is sooner) and will allow multiple entries into the US.
Important Requirements For ESTA Applicants
- If you are a US Citizen and hold dual nationality with a Visa Waiver Program country you are not required to have an ESTA. You must use your US passport to travel to the USA.
- A passport indicating that the bearer is a British Subject, British Dependent Territories Citizen, British Overseas Citizen, British National (Overseas) Citizen, or British Protected Person does not qualify for travel without a visa. A passport which states holder has Right of Abode or indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom does not qualify for visa free travel.
- Please note following recent changes under the Terrorist Travel Prevention Act, nationals of VWP countries who have visited: Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Somalia or Yemen on or after March, 2011 are no longer eligible to apply for an ESTA.
- Nationals of VWP countries who are also nationals of Iran, Sudan or Syria are not eligible for an ESTA.
- As of April 1, 2016, to qualify for an ESTA you must have a passport containing an integrated chip and display the universal e-passport symbol on the front cover (as shown below)
Not from an eligible country?
Travelers holding a passport from all other countries must apply for a visa to enter the United States.